Accessibility - Week 12
Welcome to week 12 of Intro to Web Dev!
Work through the activities in this page to complete the week!
First, read through this tutorial to learn about accessibility:
- In your own words, what is accessibility? Why is it important?
- What are some examples of accessible devices?
- When would you use an ARIA label? When would you not need to use an ARIA label?
- What are some ways you can check the accessibility of your webpage?
- Why is empathy so important when thinking about accessibility?
Now you’ve seen the fundamentals of Accessibility. To practice these concepts, do the following:
- Use a screenreader (like TalkBack for Android or VoiceOver for iPhone) to use some of your previous projects.
- Use the accessibility report in your developer tools (like Lighthouse for Chrome) to audit some of your previous projects.
- Improve an accessibility issue.
- Improve a second accessibility issue.
- Improve a third accessibility issue.
- Learn about accessibility.
- Follow the directions above to improve accessibility issues in your previous projects.
- Push those changes to GitHub and confirm you can see them in your GitHub Pages site.
- Get ready to present your work. Make sure your camera and microphone work!